samedi 8 août 2009

Thich Nhat Hanh

I do not usually meddle in politics, and I may not always agree with Thitch Nhat Hanh's writings.
Still, I hate for powerful tyrants to oppress little guys; the old David and Goliath's story I guess... All tyrants intuitively know the truth of it - the Tao at work...

So here I am, as we say where I come from "une fois n'est pas coutume" some political stuff, this is much more important than whatever the present Gouvernment might or might not change in our country, this really is about individual and religious freedom.

Communist Vietnam's sometimes edgy relationship with religious freedom is being tested in a dispute over a monastery inhabited by disciples of Thich Nhat Hanh, one of the world's most famous Zen masters. For four years, the Buddhist monks and nuns at Bat Nha monastery in central Vietnam have been quietly meditating and studying the teachings of the 82-year-old Vietnamese sage who is perhaps the world's best-known living Buddhist after Tibet's Dalai Lama.

But lately, they are in a standoff that could test the patience of even the most enlightened.

Read more on this matter.

Aucun commentaire: